Tuesday 24 May 2011

Chaos is Fun

Last night, just as we all went to bed, I passed a comment to Richard about the chaotic lifestyle we lead. I said I can't live like that all the time and there needs to be some stability somewhere within my life. Richard responded by telling me that chaos is fun.

This morning he was looking through his bag and could not find three pieces of paper which had handed me to put in there at the weekend. I remember him passing them to me. I remember sliding them into the bag, down the side of the laptop. At the time he discovered they were missing I was asleep in bed, having already been woken up to iron a shirt I had admittedly promised and forgotten to iron the night before. He came upstairs and told me the pages had gone missing. He was irritable but not threatening. But I knew I was being told to get out of bed now and that he would become extremely angry if I did not get out of bed.

He searched the office. I searched the bag he had already looked in. Richard was frantic. He needed a memory stick so I found one of those and satisfied I had at least done something to help I went back to bed. This is a regular occurrence in our household. I am held responsible for misplacing items I have not misplaced. I have learned to walk away when a crisis can well and truly not have been caused by me.

Is chaos fun? I don't believe it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment